Lake Superior can wait

Friday, 29th June 2018; 9:04 pm

To make it official: I will not be doing the Lake Superior ride next month. I’ve been having some problems with my neck, and sleeping in a tent on the ground for 9 nights isn’t a good idea until I get that resolved.

I had a similar problem 7 years ago, which was mostly resolved with surgery, and that may be an option again for this, if physical therapy or other treatments don’t take care of it. There’s no reason to think that I won’t recover enough to do the trip next year, so that’s what I’m tentatively planning for now.

So… reservations have been canceled ā€“ with penalties šŸ™ ā€“ time off from work has been un-requested, and… that’s about it.

One Response to “Lake Superior can wait”

  1. MOM says:

    I thought I would pop into your Superior writings and was pleased to read the process you had gone through to make it happen. As you know, Dad and I are sorry that you’ve had to postpone the trip but are glad that you are taking care of yourself with PT. Hopefully you will be able to go next year.