Next year

Friday, 19th July 2013; 6:45 am

Well, I’ve slept on it, and the option I’m most comfortable with is to put this trip on hold, and do it next year.

The uncertainty of whether the brake is going to hold up like it is, is something that I’d rather not have to worry about. For the next 1200 miles. And this has me thinking again about some other things about the trip that I might do differently, and I think that’s for the best.

I will do it in 2014.

I slept alright last night: warm but tolerable. It’s a pleasant breezy 79F this morning; it’s going to be another hot one. There’s some rain coming from the west, but I might make it home before it comes through.


4 Responses to “Next year”

  1. MOM says:

    Sorry to hear about the brake problem. With the mountains in the future and storms predicted, it seems like a wise decision to make a turnaround and head for home. Let us know how it goes. There is a family gathering on Sunday at Mary’s.

  2. Todd says:

    So it looks like I’ll be able to detour to Lake Lansing after all. šŸ™‚

  3. MOM says:

    Wise choice. See you soon, but do take time to detour any storms that show up on your way home. Take good shelter! Love ya……..

  4. Mike DB says:

    I am sorry to hear about that but it sounds like th right decision. Call me when you get home. Also storms are predicted to be here in GR by 2pm.